Re: Signinig up, versions, passing UMOs [was: Passing UMOs]

I guess I have to come up with exact spec for what "pass" means ;-)
There we go.
First of all, let me replace word "passed" with word "studied"
as I was misusing it most of the time before :( I'll be using word
"passed" in a correct sense - "successfully fulfilled all UMO requirements"
from now on.

1. As far as explanation is concerned, student has to read it, after he
signed
up for it. Then it is considered to be studied.
2. Problem is "studied" after student attempts to solve it. Solutions can
be assigned ratings (depending on problem type, we may provide different
algorithms for calculating them), and teacher may set a minimum passing
rating.
3. Test is "passed" when student accumulates rating set by author by solving
problems within it.
4. Topic is "studied" after student "studied" all required explanations and
"studied" all required problems, and "passed" all required sub-topics, and
"passed" all tests.

As you may have noticed, I've used word "required" few times above. That
means we provide a tool to mark referred UMOs as required to be studied
or required to be passed, in order to consider current UMO to be passed.