Re: Signinig up, versions, passing UMOs [was: Passing UMOs]

> BTW, there is an interesting thing about passing not the latest version of
> the UMO. If the version of UMO is passed and it isn't the latest version -
> then UMO isn't passed

If any version of UMO U in Course A is passed, then _it_ _is_ _passed_
even if there are other versions of this UMO that may or may not belong to
Course A.

> since course requires the latest version.

Any course _displays_ the latest versions of their UMOs by default(newer
than "latest" versions may belong to other courses or be available in
Repository). Older than "latest" versions available for Students in each
Course.

> That made my day :)

I think you are talking about passing a Course with bunch of UMOs that
belong to it. Let's say Student Bill successfully passed all UMOs in
Course A except problem P. Let's say P has 5 versions.
Course A has versions
P-1, P-2 and P-3(shown as default one)
There is another Course B that has versions
P-3, P-4 and P-5(shown as default one)

In order to pass Course A and be eligible for voting on Course A, student
Bill must pass P-1, P-2 and P-3 only. No need to pass P-4 and P-5 unless
Bill wants to vote on Course B.

> 2007/1/7, Alexey Parshin <alexeyp@gmail.com>:
>>
>> This approach means, that if several courses include each different
>> versions of the same UMO, then to pass these courses one should study
>> all
>> the versions of the UMOs mentioned, and that is simply not fair. This
>> requires enormous waste of time for no particular reason, especially if
>> differences between versions are minor. It would make more sense if the
>> UMO
>> is considered as passed regardless of version. If the version changes
>> are
>> serious - then we should create another UMO.
>>
>> 2007/1/6, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
>> >
>> > It's not a downside.

>> belong
>> or