Re: Voting [was: Passing UMOs]

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> IMHO, only one version of the UMO should be available at the time.
What would be the point of versioning then?

The point of versioning is to allow the UMO creating and modification support, and the ability to switch between versions. However, from the point of the author, there is only one current version of UMO that author considers necessary to study. Otherwise, there is no point to create a new version if people can still use the old one.

> Otherwise, it's chaos. The voting should belong to UMO itself and not
> to a particular version.
This is certainly simplest solution, but doesn't allow authors to judge
effect of
changes they make too well.

If an author is really interested to see the difference - then he can simply see the difference between old rating (before new version) and after. For instance, the rating was 4.5 and became 4.7 with the new version.. After all, people who passed that UMO can't vote for another version because it requires 'em to pass that version again. BTW, this also means that students can only pass the UMO once regardless of version..

> Otherwise, the voting that doesn't affect anything in UU therefore
> isn't too important - requires too much attention from people. Did I
> already vote for version XYZ? May be not? Let's try to vote.. Oh, it
> says I did it already..
Making it easy in interface is important, you are definitely right, but
I don't see how
is the problem you describe different whether we have single counter or
per-version
counter...