Re: Voting [was: Passing UMOs]

> let's keep voting discussion in a separate thread.
>
> sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>> Another thing regarding voting that imho may be important.
>> UU may have different versions of the same UMO available for studying.
>> Are
>> we taking into consideration an UMO version when counting user votes?
>>
> Good question. I was thinking about that for a while, and didn't come
> to any conclusion.

Imho we should have separate "use counters" that you mentioned in your
response and student votings for each UMO version.
Any versioned change to the object may change votings and usage
significantly. If we keep track of it in the UU, it will help authors with
the improvements of their UMOs and students with better selection of
objects from Repository.

>> Also here is how imho different types of users may vote.
>> 1. Students - passing requirements in my previous email:
>> http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/uu/archive/msg00487.html
>> 2. Authors - cannot submit a vote on the UMO they created.
>> 3. Teachers - can vote any time without any passing object requirements.
>> 4. Translators - same as Students.
>>
> This doesn't make much sense to me. If we want to give non-students
> voting access, then we should create separate counters.
> Although I don't see too much value in "Teacher votes" or any such,
> as they will have to have "teacher access" to an UMO prior to casting
> such a vote, which means these votes will be just a tool to push object
> author in some direction. Better way to judge such an object, I think is
> by having a use counters (how many other objects this UMO is included in,
> how many people studied it). Combined with student votes, it'll be good
> enough evaluation system.
>
> --
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
> Total Knowledge. CTO