Voting [was: Passing UMOs]

let's keep voting discussion in a separate thread.

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
> Another thing regarding voting that imho may be important.
> UU may have different versions of the same UMO available for studying. Are
> we taking into consideration an UMO version when counting user votes?

Good question. I was thinking about that for a while, and didn't come
to any conclusion.
> Also here is how imho different types of users may vote.
> 1. Students - passing requirements in my previous email:
> http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/uu/archive/msg00487.html
> 2. Authors - cannot submit a vote on the UMO they created.
> 3. Teachers - can vote any time without any passing object requirements.
> 4. Translators - same as Students.

This doesn't make much sense to me. If we want to give non-students
voting access, then we should create separate counters.
Although I don't see too much value in "Teacher votes" or any such,
as they will have to have "teacher access" to an UMO prior to casting
such a vote, which means these votes will be just a tool to push object
author in some direction. Better way to judge such an object, I think is
by having a use counters (how many other objects this UMO is included in,
how many people studied it). Combined with student votes, it'll be good
enough evaluation system.