Re: Voting [was: Passing UMOs]

I was thinking of having the same usage and vote count for the new version
as for previous version. If we implement it this way, authors will see the
difference which their recent versioned change made to the UMO by
comparing usage and voting of both versions from the date new version was
created. And we'll avoid the problem that you mentioned regarding
discouraging authors from creating new versions

> If we have separate counters for different versions, we'll have
> new versions will have vote count of zero, which will discourage
> authors from creating new versions.
>

> sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>>> let's keep voting discussion in a separate thread.

>>> Good question. I was thinking about that for a while, and didn't come
>>> to any conclusion.
>>>

>> Imho we should have separate "use counters" that you mentioned in your
>> response and student votings for each UMO version.
>> Any versioned change to the object may change votings and usage
>> significantly. If we keep track of it in the UU, it will help authors
>> with
>> the improvements of their UMOs and students with better selection of
>> objects from Repository.
>>
> --
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
> Total Knowledge. CTO