Re: User roles and UI

Anatoly Volynets wrote:
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
>
>> Anatoly Volynets wrote:

>>> Or to study it on their own, directly.
>>>
>> No, either we have concept of class or we don't. Otherwise system will
>> be more complex then needed.
>> We may make default class hidden from student though, so to them
>> it'll appear as if they are not signed up for a class, but that may make
>> things more confusing.
>>

> A student needs to have that choice: either to study with a teacher or
> on his own. It is different story how to implement the choice.

I was talking about a class, not a teacher. If we really need to, we may
implement
"teacherless class", or something like that. However, I must re-iterate.
Even now there are UMOs in our systems, that cannot be passed without
teacher. There will be more in future. If we want to implement teacherless
classes, we will have to check that only fully automated UMOs are part
of course such a class is assigned to.

>>> Author may not want to teach. Hence, default class will be for self-studies.
>>>

>> If there are things that _require_ teacher intervention (human-controlled
>> problems), there must be a teacher. If author ignores all submitted
>> info, well,
>> too bad. Oh, and author can assign other teachers to default class, if
>> he is so
>> inclined.
>>

> I think now that Author does not teach as such, not at all. Teacher
> does. Author does not get submitted info, because the info is submitted
> to Teacher or to automated course. Or Author can be Teacher by default,
> but then has to have ability to give it up if he so wishes.

Good. Finally you heard what I've been saying from day one.