Re: Signinig up, versions, passing UMOs [was: Passing UMOs]

Who said all different versions? What are we talking about at all? A
student takes two different courses of the same subject or what? Who
does such things? If anyone does then one have to fulfill all of the
requirements set by the Author or the Teacher. It is like taking same
classes many times or in different schools. Who cares why one does this
and what consequences are?

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> Once again, a requirement to pass all the different versions of the
> same UMO
> presented in different courses are logically incorrect, at the very
> least.
>
> If we require a student to pass on the latest available version of the
> UMO,
> and another version was issued since student signed up for UMO, then we
> should require a student to study a new version.

WE REQUIRE NOTHING!!! Once and for all. We provide environment. Authors
and Teachers set their rules, correspondingly we provide them with
SETTING TOOLS. If WE want some "UMO passage" fixed, it is for student
information only, and without versions. I will revise specs soon and try
to clarify issues we run into recently.

> This is just a logical
> conclusion from your requirement .. This is not reasonable and not
> practical. Just imagine one studied some topic, completing tasks,
> etc.. and
> then he must do it again because a version changed..

What is the situation? Who sets policies? The Teacher? - let him resolve
this with his students.

> I suggest - if the
> version change is so serious that it requires people to pass it again,
> then
> an author simply should make a new UMO, and replace the original one
> in the
> course.

All right, when uu works, get on forums and discipline Authors and
Teachers, I don't have any objections :)

--

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008