Re: Signinig up, versions, passing UMOs [was: Passing UMOs]

Once again, a requirement to pass all the different versions of the same UMO presented in different courses are logically incorrect, at the very least.

If we require a student to pass on the latest available version of the UMO, and another version was issued since student signed up for UMO, then we should require a student to study a new version. This is just a logical conclusion from your requirement .. This is not reasonable and not practical. Just imagine one studied some topic, completing tasks, etc.. and then he must do it again because a version changed.. I suggest - if the version change is so serious that it requires people to pass it again, then an author simply should make a new UMO, and replace the original one in the course.