Re: UU pages mock-ups

Anatoly Volynets wrote:
Sergey wrote:
I read all you comments, thanks.
At this point I look at our project as UI developer/designer and user experience is my biggest concern. I'll take a closer look at objects creation/editing/viewing pages once you guys satisfied with the whole design in general. I'm working on Repository page right now trying not only present all objects for assignments,

"objects for assignments" - what's this?

You can link, assign objects to each other on Repository page. Quote from UU Page flow requirements: "This is main repository page. Repository provides tools for creating, editing, and linking to shared objects." There are several(for conveniens) update buttons on Repository page that allow user to link objects not only within a group, but for the whole Repository. My Repository from my, as a developer, point of view is the ViewAll objects page with userId='sergey' parameter. I'm going to use exactly the same Repository template from UI and development point of view for all other queries that will contain courseId=1, topicId=5, problemId=bla-bla etc when user lookups for his objects within a course, topic, problem etc. It provides clean design for UI and template development in my opinion.

but show the whole hierarchy too

I have a feeling that contradictory statements are not only the part of Total-Knowledge view on learning process.

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:

Repository. In repository, objects themselves are not hierarchical at all.
We can build hierarchy of categories, yes, but not copy it from course
organization. The way your mock-up shows it, it isn't clear if you meant
same thing as I just explained.

Anatoly Volynets wrote:

what hierarchy? Repository is just a storage place + search engine, there is no hierarchy there.

what hierarchy? Repository is just a storage place + search engine, there is no hierarchy there.

(which is not easy and UI friendly since it can be huge). Also I make sure that from user point of view on Repository page Course is treated as TLT.

Course is course in as traditional understanding as possible - for end-user

I'll update mock-ups once these features are ready.

Looking forward to it!

Probably I'm doing something completely wrong. If yes, please respond ASAP.

Thanks,
Sergey

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008