Re: UU pages mock-ups

Few notes:

There is currently "Login as author" and "Login as student" thing.
I presume this is only for mock-up purposes, and will not be there
in real code.

When one opens topic, some explanation should be shown by default.
I think what we'll do, is assign two values to each explanation: difficulty
level, and sequence number. There can be more then one explanation
with same difficulty level. Sequence numbers should be unique within
given difficulty level within given topic. Thus, student can select default
difficulty level (probably on per-course basis), as one of his preferences.
Then, when he opens a topic, an explanation at or below his default
difficulty level with lowest sequence number is displayed.
(I have to add this all to feature spec...)

Catalog organization. I think I wrote that we need to categorize our
objects,
and we even came up with categorization parameters.
http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/uu/archive/msg00084.html
Please reflect that in your mock-ups.

Now, about your "texts" idea. I think it's possible, we just need to clarify
it a bit. Is "text" a kind of "media object", that can be
included/referenced?
How will it show up, how do we version them, how do authors actually
use it?

Repository. In repository, objects themselves are not hierarchical at all.
We can build hierarchy of categories, yes, but not copy it from course
organization. The way your mock-up shows it, it isn't clear if you meant
same thing as I just explained.

Some page-by page questions (if any of these can be answered by
giving me a link to feature-spec section, then just give the link):

http://gateway.total-knowledge.com/~sergey/UU/Author/CourseCreate.html
What is "References" field?
Why is "Create Topic" there as well? Hint: the fact that Course is
internally
derived from topic should not be visible on UI.

http://gateway.total-knowledge.com/~sergey/UU/Author/ProblemCreate.html
How do you expect to blend different types of problem solvers in a
single page?

http://gateway.total-knowledge.com/~sergey/UU/Author/TestCreate.html
What is "generate using 5 random problems" thing?

http://gateway.total-knowledge.com/~sergey/UU/Author/Account.html
What is "My co-authors" thing?

Now, common things:
"Click here to assign..." - maybe it does make sense, but I think the other
direction will be more common. I.E. someone will go to some topic, and add
subtopics to it. In most cases, when one will create topic, he'll want to do
something like
Click on add subtopic->edit/save that subtopic, and expect it to be part
of parent topic immediately.
You have similar page flow on "Create Test" page already.