Re: Teachers

> sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>> Community that votes to "kick little bastard ass" is analog of
>> recreational users in UU.
>> Community that sends bastard to the prison is analog of administrative
>> unit in UU(like moderator, admin).
>> My view on this matter is simple - let the
>> professionals(teachers/counselors in real life, Teachers in UU) do their
>> job first. If they don't succeed and the "rating" is still low, remove
>> the
>> criminal from the society(downgrade to lower DL/delete UMO in UU by
>> Admin).
>>
> So, you are proposing to have voting to be restricted only to
> teachers/authors?

No, everybody votes. Teachers/authors make changes to UMO. Moderators can
do it too, if needed.

>>> What happens when there are multiple teachers on one course?
>>>
> I don't see an answer to this question.

Well, each Teacher keeps the same version of the Course while he teachs.
It may later become a new version per original Author decision.

>>> Voting is one of feedback mechanisms. I don't see how low rating of
>>> course
>>> that targets low-end audience and fails to deliver easy learning curve
>>> brings
>>> geniuses down...
>>>

>> I was mostly kidding here.
> I know. However there is one important issue your "kidding" brings out:
> assumptions are made about UU users (both teachers and students) this
> are neither backed by logic nor by facts.

We have to make an assumptions(including ones that neither backed by logic
nor by facts) about potential UU users if want our application to be well
designed and user-friendly. Every joke has a "nugget of truth". I sow how
talented people leave a forum because of constant bashing. That was a
poetry forum though, I admit.

> --
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
> Total Knowledge. CTO