Re: Teachers

> First, I disagree that votes should affect anything in the interface. The
> objects should be displayed as the author of the course designed.

I agree with Alexey's disagreement once again. However, I think that votes
_should_ affect how interface looks, but it's up to Author and (I
emphasize) Teacher to actually change it.
It's been enough said about Students behavior already. Authors are usually
too sensitive about their creations, tend to love them no matter what,
won't be happy if somebody forses them to change it. I recently watched
some kid on the beach throwing sand in his mom eyes, then he tried to pee
on her head. I'm sure she will still vote that he is the best child in the
world, other people(including me) who sow it would have slightly different
opinion on this little bastard. That's the main reason I agree with
Anatoly on importance of community vote. I would just kick his little ass
and stoped these disgraceful goings-on. Unfortunatly it's not up to me or
community to change this child, it's up to his mom or his
teacher/counselor(if he grow ups and continue peeing on other people
heads, then (hopefully!) a community's vote will be taken into account and
this recidivist criminal will end up in the prison).

As I mentioned in my previous emails, in my opinion a Teacher is the one
who is the most objective in the evaluation of the quality or difficulty
level of an UMO. Let him change the Course he teachs.
1. Teacher has the Author opinion on difficulty level of the UMO(he sees
how Author structured his Course originally).
2. Teacher checks Students votes/rating on the UMO.
3. Teacher has his own opinion(based on his overall expirience, based on
level of the students he teach for this perticular course, his expirience
with this particular Author, etc..)
4. Teacher checks public profile of the Author.
5. Teacher checks public profiles of Students that voted, their scores,
ratings, marital status, whatever...
6. Teacher makes _his_ decision on this particular UMO difficulty level
for the Course _he_ teaches.
7.
	a) Teacher leaves this UMO DL as it is, no changes at all.
	b) Teacher reassigns this UMO to different DL within a Course
	c) Teacher deletes(hides) it from his Students.

Now, the question is should we give a Teacher Author's rights, new version
of the Course will be created and the Teacher will become Co-Author? I
have no strong opinion on this.

> Second, eBay voting doesn't work. Every time when you have a good
> transaction, you vote positive. However, if you have a bad experience, you
> vote negative, and always receive a negative vote yourself. So, if you
> buying rarely, not hundreds of items a year, it's easy to have low rating.
> That's the reason I stopped using eBay.

I see. You don't like low ratings. Me neither.
I'm sure that oversensative author hates them too. Why help an ignorant
crowd to bash him and change his creation using their negative
unsophisticated intelligence?
UU should support geniuses, not bring them down.
Yeah.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008