Re: Voting [was: Passing UMOs]

>> > The point of versioning is to allow the UMO creating and modification
>> > support, and the ability to switch between versions. However, from the
>> > point
>> > of the author, there is only one current version of UMO that author
>> > considers necessary to study. Otherwise, there is no point to create a
>> new
>> > version if people can still use the old one.
>> >

>> I think all versions should be available for studying.
>> Imagine a situation when student or teacher bought a course today and
>> will
>> see something completely different tomorrow if one of the authors
>> decides
>> to create new version of this course.
>

> Yes, and it's exactly the point of the new version - it replaces the old
> one. I can imagine the situation when someone open a course and sees 20
> different versions of the same UMO.

IMHO when someone opens an UMO for the first time he sees the latest
version of the UMO only. If new version of this UMO created after his last
visit, he will still see the version he "subscribed" initially.
In our previous discussion
http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/uu/archive/msg00288.html
there is a statement:
---
The important point here is that EACH user of the UMO decides for
himself to use new version or not.
---

> When an author creates a new version,
> his goal is to fix the problems in the old one, isn't it? Or, he may want
> extend the old one with something new. In any case - I don't see why it
> would make any sense to keep the old versions active (unless the student
> tries to pass an old one).

> http://www.sptk.net

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008