Re: UU Object Diagram

>>> To this point. If we decide to have the difficulty property in general,
>>> the very next question is criteria. My first guess is the following: an
>>> Author can mark an UMO as one of  the "next" or certain by number
>>> difficulty level.  UU is to follow up it by checking this author's UMOs
>>> of the same type and to  designate a number meaning difficulty level to
>>> the UMO.  These numbers are "relative", that is they have to be
>>> correlated somehow with difficulty levels of the UMOs of the same type
>>> throughout Repository.
>>>

>> An author creates levels of difficulty on Course basis, then for each
>> child UMO he has an ability to create/update the UMO for any avilable
>> level of difficulty(presented as a set of radio buttons on each
>> create/view page in current HTML mockups).
>> If an author wants to add an UMO from the Repository to his Course, he
>> still we'll be asked to assign this UMO to one of the available for his
>> Course levels of difficulty by selecting a radio button even if that UMO
>> has it's own level of difficulty assigned to it by it's original author.
>>

> I am not sure I understood it correctly. It does not look reasonable
> that an author has free hand to set difficulty levels regardless what is
> going on in the Repository. What about my idea of two-part difficulty
> level?

If we allow authors to edit a content of the UMOs they found in
Repository, we can allow them to decide to what level of difficulty of
their course the found UMO will belong.
Regarding your two-part difficulty idea. It makes sense to me, the only
problem imho is that it's not that obvious and will require additional
explanations to users. Maybe use just one number? Say, community votes a
problem block as difficult as "3". An author designates it as the most
easy to solve, and decide whether he wants to downgrade it to lower level
or leave it as it is. If yes, he assigns smaller single number to it.

>>> Actually, the way I understood it, it supposed to be something like
>>> this:
>>> - beginner
>>> - intermediate
>>> - master
>>>
>>> If we keep it that way - the implementation and use are pretty simple..
>>>

>> IMO authors should be able to create as many levels of difficulty as
>> they
>> like and be able to add/delete them at any time.
>>

> Meaning author can reassign difficulty level? Am not sure about "not
> having any difficulty level" now. Probably. UU has to mention it somehow
> then.

Author will be able to reassign object from one difficulty level to
another within his Course if he changes his mind or, for example, students
give this object poor rating with difficulty related complaints.

> --
>
> Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
> total-knowledge.com
> culturedialogue.org