Re: UU Object Diagram

People, the issue of an UMO difficulty level is new for me, although it sounds interestingly. We never discussed it in general terms and there is just one spot in specs where it mentioned (as far as I remember): it is blocks of problems within one topic can be of different difficulty levels.

Generally speaking, there can be different levels in one game. Surely, exercises can be more and less difficult (one exercise on different levels or different exercises depending on difficulty?). Courses can be popular, say, normal, advanced, etc. Explanations are different as of today, although they can differ on the basis of approach, but not difficulty. Topics? - am not clear. Tests? - surely. What else?

To sum up: we need to go through all UMOs and analyze them from this stand point. Then we need to decide whether difficulty is a property of the Study Object, or it is one for some objects only. From that point we can proceed to our db and object diagrams.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Anatoly

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
Updated uu.xmi attached

(moving this over to UU list)

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
I looked at your diagrams and I have some questions/comments.

1. Regarding Levels of Difficulty.
You mention it in your comments, here is the link(2nd paragraph):
http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/uu/archive/msg00178.html
I thought we would set Levels of Difficulty at a course level,
Err... "Thus, student can select default difficulty level (probably on
per-course basis),"
_student_ choses his default difficulty level on per-course basis (this
is not reflected
in scheme, yes). This is different from what creator of a course does...

So, what the creator of a course does?
As I understood and reflected in the page mockups, an author adds/removes
levels of difficulty on per-course level. All UMOs that belong to the
course have those levels of difficulty available for use(some children
UMOs may not  be implemented for certain level of difficulty). A child UMO
cannot have more levels of difficulty than it's course.
Am I wrong?

 you have
getDifficultyLevel() only in "Problem" interface.
Is it on purpose?

Not on purpose. Just that the diagram is far from being even half-baked.
It lays down some ideas, but that's it.

Based on my previous comment I moved getDifficultyLevel() from "Problem"
to "StudyObject".

I added some new operations and functions from my diagram with
documentations. I have bunch of activity diagrams but I can't find the way
to copy them from mine to uu.xmi.They are all either one-liners or
represent simple loop anyway.

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com
culturedialogue.org