Re: UU Courses and classes

Alexey Parshin wrote:
2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>:

    Alexey Parshin wrote:
    > I'm just trying to imagine - how would I find all the admins for a
    > particular UMO, or even just the admin groups.
    Err.. According to the original groups idea, all admin groups of
    particular UMO are all the groups
    who have been granted "ADMIN" right to the UMO.
    > If there is  no more than 1 such group per UMO, then it's easy. I'd
    > just add "is_admin" flag to the group entity and create such group
    > when UMO is created. Also, it should be only one authors group,
    may be.
    There is no "authors" group - authors are all people who have ever
    created new versions of
    the UMO.

In that case, if we want to check one's rights on a UMO, we have to do two checks:
- is one an author (that could be expensive)
if not,
- is one in ACL

That's more expensive than to keep authors in a separate group.

    "Publishers" group is another thing - those are people who currently
    have right to create
    new versions of an UMO..

You are mixing up authorship rights (that's a right of credit - meaning that he will be listed in various places), and actual access rights, which are based on groups. I used to have some other rights assigned to authors previously, but now we dropped
it all in favor of groups with different access rights.