Re: UU Courses and classes

We are back to the same question. What is correct:

1) We have a single admin group for a TLT

or

2) Every UMO may have admin group

?

2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh < ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
Hmm.. There are two different things here. One is Group Admin - i.e. the
person
that can manage group itself, and another one is UMO admin - it is
permission
to change certain UMO properties (i.e. grant permissions to UMO to
certain groups,
or set auto-granting rules). Initially I thought the second one, in
regards to course
would be equivalent to "Edit/Publish" permissions, but you are right,
this is stupid.
Let's create a new permission for that, and make it separate. In that
case course
admin and course editor do not have to be related.

So, to summarize:
at UMO creation time following groups are automatically created, and creator
is made member of:
- UMO admins
- UMO editors

At UMO linking time, if parent UMO author  is also child UMO admin,
he is offered a possibility to auto-add all parent UMO admins to child
UMO admin group
and all parent UMO editors to child UMO editors (these are two separate
options).