Re: UU Courses and classes

I guess, I can re-phrase the question.

1) If someone attaches his UMO somewhere in the course - what should happen with the administrative group?
2) If something is done in course (TLT) administrative group - should it be propagated to the whole course structure?

2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
Alexey Parshin wrote:
> 2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com
> <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com >>:
>
>     Alexey Parshin wrote:
>     > I'm just trying to imagine - how would I find all the admins for a
>     > particular UMO, or even just the admin groups.
>     Err.. According to the original groups idea, all admin groups of
>     particular UMO are all the groups
>     who have been granted "ADMIN" right to the UMO.
>     > If there is  no more than 1 such group per UMO, then it's easy. I'd
>     > just add "is_admin" flag to the group entity and create such group
>     > when UMO is created. Also, it should be only one authors group,
>     may be.
>     There is no "authors" group - authors are all people who have ever
>     created new versions of
>     the UMO.
>

> In that case, if we want to check one's rights on a UMO, we have to do
> two checks:
> - is one an author (that could be expensive)
> if not,
> - is one in ACL
>
> That's more expensive than to keep authors in a separate group.
>
>     "Publishers" group is another thing - those are people who currently
>     have right to create
>     new versions of an UMO..

You are mixing up authorship rights (that's a right of credit - meaning
that he will
be listed in various places), and actual access rights, which are based
on groups.
I used to have some other rights assigned to authors previously, but now
we dropped
it all in favor of groups with different access rights.