Re: UU Courses and classes

Alexey Parshin wrote:
I'm just trying to imagine - how would I find all the admins for a particular UMO, or even just the admin groups.
Err.. According to the original groups idea, all admin groups of particular UMO are all the groups
who have been granted "ADMIN" right to the UMO.
If there is no more than 1 such group per UMO, then it's easy. I'd just add "is_admin" flag to the group entity and create such group when UMO is created. Also, it should be only one authors group, may be.
There is no "authors" group - authors are all people who have ever created new versions of
the UMO.
"Publishers" group is another thing - those are people who currently have right to create
new versions of an UMO..

2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>:

    Doesn't have to be. What do you think is easier/more efficient to
    implement?

    Alexey Parshin wrote:
    > Now, the next question. I think we may have many regular groups for
    > any UMO, but only one admin group. Is it correct?
    >
    > 2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh < ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    > <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>>:

    >     I think I finally understood what you asked :)
    >     Every UMO _will_ have an admin group.
    >
    >     Alexey Parshin wrote:
    >     > We are back to the same question. What is correct:
    >     >
    >     > 1) We have a single admin group for a TLT
    >     >
    >     > or
    >     >
    >     > 2) Every UMO may have admin group
    >     >
    >     > ?
    >     >
    >     > 2007/5/15, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <
    ilya@total-knowledge.com <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    >     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>
    >     > <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    >     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>>>:
    >     >
    >     >     Hmm.. There are two different things here. One is
    Group Admin -
    >     >     i.e. the
    >     >     person
    >     >     that can manage group itself, and another one is UMO
    admin -
    >     it is
    >     >     permission
    >     >     to change certain UMO properties (i.e. grant
    permissions to
    >     UMO to
    >     >     certain groups,
    >     >     or set auto-granting rules). Initially I thought the
    second
    >     one, in
    >     >     regards to course
    >     >     would be equivalent to "Edit/Publish" permissions, but you
    >     are right,
    >     >     this is stupid.
    >     >     Let's create a new permission for that, and make it
    >     separate. In that
    >     >     case course
    >     >     admin and course editor do not have to be related.
    >     >
    >     >     So, to summarize:
    >     >     at UMO creation time following groups are
    automatically created,
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>
    >     >     <mailto: ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    >     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>>
    >     >     > <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    >     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>
    >     >     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
    >     <mailto: ilya@total-knowledge.com
    <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>>>>:
    >     >     >
    >     >     >     Alexey Parshin wrote:
    >     >     >     > This 'COURSE ADMINS' group - is the only
    question. I
    >     >     understood that
    >     >     >     > it should include all the authors of any UMO
    within TLT
    >     >     tree. Is
    >     >     >     that
    >     >     >     > true?
    >     >     >     No. That is the slight change from requirements
    I meant.