Re: Implementing "Create Explanation"

2007/5/1, Anatoly Volynets <av@total-knowledge.com>:
sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>> 2007/5/1, sergey@total-knowledge.com < sergey@total-knowledge.com>:
>>
>>> Question regarding explanation_attach_to_topic() stored procedure.
>>> It gets sequence_number as a parameter, I think this number should be
>>> created internally based on current number of explanations for this
>>> topic.
>>>
>> Doable, would be implemented as soon as I finish the UMO procs templating.
>>
>> Imho, topic_modify() should get this sequence number as a parameter.
>>

>> Do you mean - explanation_modify()?
>>

> No, I think it has to be related to topic. Explanation's level of
> difficulty by itself is meaningless, unless it's attached to a topic among
> with other explanations. But this is just my opinion, I'm not sure 100%.

Right, Explanations can be of different dif. level within a topic and
this can be changed by the author. I don't remember what we stopped at
in this discussion, meaning that there can be yet another dif. level,
which is voted. These two dif. levels must not be tied. Actually, I
wrote few times about the issue and want it be taken into consideration.

Also, the same explanation cannot be used in another topic of the same
course, this wouldn't make any sense.

I thought - we replaced the course idea with user group. At the very least, I can make a unique index for the TLT and explanation id to enforce your latest requirement.

--

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com