Re: Implementing "Create Explanation"

> 2007/5/1, sergey@total-knowledge.com <sergey@total-knowledge.com>:
>>
>> Question regarding explanation_attach_to_topic() stored procedure.
>> It gets sequence_number as a parameter, I think this number should be
>> created internally based on current number of explanations for this
>> topic.
>

> Doable, would be implemented as soon as I finish the UMO procs templating.
>
> Imho, topic_modify() should get this sequence number as a parameter.
>

> Do you mean - explanation_modify()?

No, I think it has to be related to topic. Explanation's level of
difficulty by itself is meaningless, unless it's attached to a topic among
with other explanations. But this is just my opinion, I'm not sure 100%.

> This
>> will allow authors to change the order in which explanations will be
>> displayed to students on topic view page. We are going to need stored
>> procedures for sorting the content(child UMO-wise) of each UMO anyways.
>>

> You're switching from explanation to content. Please, clarify.

By UMO content in this context I mean not title/description but all UMOs
that attached to this UMO. It should be possible to sort them in UI.
It's slightly different for explanation difficulty levels, though. In a
topic author may need to change difficulty level of certain explanation.
The same explanation may have different difficulty level in different topics.
It's all imho.

> http://www.sptk.net

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008