Re: UU & Grading

On 04/10/2011 12:04 PM, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> On 04/06/11 18:42, Anatoly Volynets wrote:
>> There were some suggestions in specs. Say, popularity of a course
>>> What work flow do you see here? Who, when, and how gives such feedback?
>>> How is this feedback limited to avoid skewing?
>> I don't know. Wikipedia like?
> And, pray, what is it like?

Say, the administration (not tech, but educational) of an UU instance
may use a set of rules to establish an expert council to moderate
feedback. We can probably provide some mechanism to enforce certain
rules automatically (like, sorry, drupal does for user input--we never
used this).

>> First of all, that's too limiting. At least that's too limiting, if we
>>> really expect university-grade
>>> diversity in courses. In reality I hope we'll have higher then that. And
>>> in the end it means
>>> there will be many people who have both something to learn and something
>>> to teach
>>> at the same time.
>>>
>> Then we need to do something really special for classes engaged in
>> official grading, diplomas, etc. This do not fit into "all open model"
>>
>> This problem is ubiquitous today. Teachers do not know where student's
>> essays came from: maybe where just copied from the web. Wireless
>> communication devices make cheating as easy as plain talking, and so
>> forth. We build educational environment for those who wants to teach and
>> study. For those who seek and give official grades the discussed
>> problems have no solution today.
>>
>> Actually, if a student takes a class with grading he may be restricted
>> to use the same course as an author. The restriction is not necessary in
>> all other cases.
> Well, we could say there is no point in trying to solve this at all then.

Why this cannot be a rule?

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008