Re: UU & Grading

Anatoly Volynets, President
total-knowledge.com
culturedialogue.org

On 03/28/2011 06:41 PM, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> There are few problems with the concept of grading in
> the shared UMO model.
>
> 1. Same UMO (e.g. problem) may have different value based on what
>    course it is studied under.

Thus a grade of a UMO cannot be its own property, but must be associated
somehow with the course it included into and be assigned by the teacher
of the class. This has to work for all UMOs tought, including top level
ones, which are not included in any other UMOs by this teacher.

> 2. Same student may encounter same UMO through two different courses.

I think that's OK, the above idea (1) will do for me.

> I'd like suggestions on how to handle this situation.
> Another thing that is unclear to me, is what options for grading
> to provide for the grouping UMOs - Courses, topics, and tests.

See p.1

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008