Re: UU & Grading

The way I see things, under no conditions same UMO can be completed twice.

Now suppose problem P is included in both courses C1 and C2.
Let's say P is auto-graded (for example, it's a simple multiple-choice
problem). For the sake of simplicity, let's say both C1 and C2 use 100-grade
system. However, C1 assigns weight of 20 to P, and C2 weight of 10.
Student signs up for two separate classes, e.g. to default ones
for C1 and C2. Now he solves P while studying C1, and thus his
grade for solving it becomes 20. What happens next, when he goes
to study C2?

And what happens if the problem is the kind which requires grading by
teacher?

Of course, as you suggest, we could record the solution student
provided, and then derive grades for each class separately, but
something in my gut tells me it's not the right thing to do (although
it might actually be yesterdays bean soup talking).

I guess I was hoping for some more radically different view on what
grading (or rather evaluation) could be in UU. One purpose of grading
I can see, is to let someone know that specific student did well enough
in specific course, without examining his actual activities during that
course
in detail. Another possible application of this functionality, is to set up
competitive environment among students. Any others?

To that end:
1. What does it mean to "complete" an UMO which is not a problem or test?
    What functionality for grading should we allow in these cases?
2. What functionality can we provide to allow evaluating graders themselves?
    IOW, if I'm a potential employer, and am looking at someone's UU
grade in
    a CS course, what is there to tell me that the grade itself is worth
something?
3. How do we prevent a student from acquiring access to author's view of UMO
    (especially a problem), for example by registering a separate
account and creating
    his own course, which would include said UMO?