Course <->topic [was: UU database: problem tables]

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> Still, the question "Should we drop the course entity and replace it
> with topic" still not answered.
Yes it was, if you read all the thread. The answer was "umm, maybe" ;-)
> And, I still see no reason for limiting a course to a single topic.
> I can see a course with multiple topics, and don't see any problems
> with it.
From database schema POV it doesn't make _much_ difference. However, looking
at the model layer classes, it's apparent, that we'd have to duplicate
bunch of
functions if we had topic and class as two completely separate things: i.e.
all child enumeration functions, modifications, etc. If you look at
"Course" as
a topic with extra functionality (some specific administrative stuff),
you don't
need to do anything extra.