Re: Implementing "Create Topic" [was: Identical UMO titles in UU]

While you are absolutely right about having the id internally aspect,
you will still have to get same info - in order to verify access, make sure
the object is currently editable, if we are changing the main language, etc.

Alexey Parshin wrote:
I believe that any object we can edit must have a unique ID (primary key). Searching by a combination of parameters is a) longer b) may give zero or several records (in general case). While in this particular case it will work, it's still a bad programming technic. In any case, any object on the screen must have a hidden ID attached to it. This also assumes, that any edit or update operation must receive an editing object id.