Re: Db pool [was: My little comments to CPP code]

Some thoughts regarding a pool size.

At this point, initially we are going to fill in our pool with connections
to certain number (let's say due to unusual activity the max of
connections in the pool once reached 90 with maxCon=100). Let's say an
average load for our pool is 50, so those 40 extra connections is the
waste of space and DB resources).
We may need to shrink the pool to around 50 connections. In order to do
that we need to have another parameter - "idle time" after which the
connection will be closed and removed from the m_connections.
Do you guys think it's something useful?

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008