Re: UU code

Understood.
Here is my version:

  bool isValid = false;
  try {
    CQuery qrySelect(&db,"select si_person from session_info");
    qrySelect.open();
    while ( ! qrySelect.eof() ) {
      isValid = true;
      qrySelect.fetch();
    }
    qrySelect.close();
  }
  catch (exception& e) {
    cout<<"\nError: " <<e.what();
  }
  return isValid;

I know it's supposed to be only one record in session_info table, but
still prefer to loop since it's a select query.

> Actually, the "no record test" is better to do not as:
>
> if (!user_id)
>
> but as (right after query_open()):
>
> if (query.eof())
>
> 2007/3/15, Alexey Parshin <alexeyp@gmail.com>:
>>
>> int user_id = 0;
>> string user_name;
>> try {
>>    Query query(&db,"select si_person, si_person_name from
>> session_info");
>>    query.open();
>>    user_id = query[0];
>>    user_name = query[1];
>>    query.close ();
>>    if (!user_id)
>>       throw CException("User not logged in");
>> }
>> catch (exception& e) {
>>    cout << "OOPS, " << e.what() << endl;
>> }
>>
>> 2007/3/15, sergey@total-knowledge.com <sergey@total-knowledge.com>:
>> >
>> > In order to perform authentication on each application page I need to
>> > find
>> > out if user with certain ID exist in session_info table.
>> > I want to make sure that I understand how it will work, so the
>> question
>> > is:
>> >
>> > 1. If session_info table exist.
>> > AND
>> > 2. There is a one entry there (doesn't matter what the value is).
>> >
>> > it means that current user is logged in.
>> >
>> > Is it true?
>> >

>> --
>> Alexey Parshin,
>> http://www.sptk.net