Re: UU & Grading

On 04/06/2011 09:54 PM, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> So, suppose we provide per-class grading policy, which can be set
> by class admins. What happens to grades of a student, who completed
> a UMO through given class, before a policy change?

Again, it depends on what we are talking about. If we set up something
like "UU Grade" (see few suggestions in previous post) that would work
according respective rules, which do not depend on a class. If we're
talking about this-class-grading-policy (which suppose to be casual
ordinary thing) any student's grades will be earned within the class
anew. We can also think about sequential class grading as a matter of
this teacher or institution policies (like in usual school).

> On 04/06/11 17:14, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
>> I was kind of hoping to avoid having teacher assign grade weights
>> for that precise reason. I guess it's unavoidable though :(
>>
>> On the other hand, since we allow classes to be signed up for more
>> then one course, it might provide a tool for "overall" grade, not bound
>> to specific UMO tree at all... That might be useful. In fact, that might be
>> the only possible way to handle this.
>>
>> This may also simplify design of "competition" objects and the like -
>> they just become a special case of course with some tests, a class
>> assigned to it, and no sub-topics.
>>
>> As for assigning grades.. Perhaps the best way to handle it is to
>> provide a way to set some algorithms for grading? Dunno. We need
>> better ways then just saying "this, this, and this get you 10 points each".
>> Or maybe we don't. Dunno.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008