Re: Implementing "Create Course"

> Course is defined in study_course table. The difference between TLT and
> another topic is in connection to study_course and course_server (through
> server_to_tlt).
> May be we don't need study_course table at all? Then we have just TLT,
> class, and connector between them. There would be only one problem after
> that: If new version of TLT is created, do we keep class connected to the
> old one?

I think we should keep class connected to the old version(the one that was
used during class creation) of TLT.
I checked your discussions regarding classes, but it's hard for me to make
a call on this. I think in the case you suggested a Class should somehow
take over the properties that were handled by Course(like price, course
type(free or paid)), then imho it would work.

> Course-related functions are defined in study_course.sql. The course is
> created during TLT creation.

I think _TLT_ should be created during Course creation. There should be 2
ways of doing it:
1. Course created the same way as any topic from user POW + Course related
features like price. TLT created on background.
2. Course created by using any existing Topic + Course properties. Topic
marked as TLT on background.

I checked study_course.sql and one thing I didn't understand:
Why do you insert into study_course base topic ID, not topic ID that was
used during Course creation? How would you know based on which version of
Topic this Course is created?

> 2007/5/27, sergey@total-knowledge.com <sergey@total-knowledge.com>:
>>
>> Yep, this is confusing. TLT is just another topic, authors should have
>> an
>> ability to create new version of it.
>> However, as I understand, Course is on top of Topic, not included in
>> Topic. It should be just a snapshot of the whatever TLT version was used
>> during initial Course creation. If new TLT version created, it may be
>> used
>> in another Course only.
>>
>> > Done. Unfortunately, now I have a logical problem:
>> >
>> > TLT includes a course. Course doesn't support versions. If TLT version
>> is
>> > created - an included course can be redirected to the new version, or
>> can
>> > point to the new version. Ether way it's wrong. I propose to prohibit
>> > creating new versions of TLT. We can, of course, make course a UMO
>> with
>> > versioning, but then the problem is just moved to the class :)
>> >

>> > --
>> > Alexey Parshin,
>> > http://www.sptk.net

> http://www.sptk.net