CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: New API & Exceptions

On one hand using standard C++ exceptions
where possible makes sense. On the other hand,
it introduces naming inconsistencies, because
some exceptions have no analogues (think
IllegalStateException when setting headers in
committed output stream). I think best approach
is combined one: simply derive from standard exceptions
where possible, (or even create typedefs), and still
throw by Java name. This way both C++ programmers,
and those switching from Java will have what they need.
Side benefit of having all Java exception names available
is easier possibility of automagic Java servlet to C++ servlet
translation (I know it's far off goal, but one day we might
come up with the tool ;-)