CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: Log class problems

In my method, one would need to override single function just as well.
Most of your current overflow() code would stay the same - just the
virtual saveLog() function would need to be overwritten. This isn't
any more complex then what you propose.

There are reasons, why C++ iostreams are designed the way they are.
In the design I'm proposing one wouldn't need to derive from CLogStream
_at all_. There would be singel CLogStream class, that provides intrfaces
for setting log priorities and stuff like that, that are common to all log
classes, and then it would be used with different buffers for different
destinations.

(This is slight deviation from my original thinking, where I didn't realize
there is no need to further derive CLogStream)