Re: Implementing "Create Topic" [was: Identical UMO titles in UU]

My opinion is: stored procedures should deal with UMO content IDs
internally. Combination of umo_id + lang_id is good enough to correctly
identify UMO content. I added language dropdowns on topic create/edit
pages and now it makes perfect sense.
I dealt with JSP online stores which used multiple languages for
category/product names and descriptions. For the same category query
string contained the same category_id no matter which language_id was
used. I think we should do the same.

> BTW, default language is always 1. You probably mean - preferred language.
> probably should add such function - it may become handy:
>
> current_user_language_id()
>
> 2007/4/27, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>:
>>
>> Alexey Parshin wrote:
>> > I wouldn't worry about it too much. Any object should be identified by
>> ID.
>> Internally - yes :)
>> > This is the basic requirement. The ID itself is meaningless, but it
>> > allows to avoid any problems with object identification.
>> > BTW,  I don't see how identifying a content with topic ID and language
>> > is less exposing than identifying it with content ID.
>> Not as-is, but if, let's say, you wanted to be able to refer to default
>> topic_content by passing
>> null for a language (since the one with default language has a special
>> meaning), you could
>> do it with my way of identification, but not with yours... In your case,
>> UI would have to first
>> explicitly find out what default language is, and then retrieve relevant
>> content object.
>>
>> --
>> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
>> Total Knowledge. CTO