Re: UU code

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
>> First implementation will most likely just open and close connections as
>> they are requested/released, for simplicity sake. We just have to use an
>> interface that will allow us to get more complex implementation in later.
>> Or we could see if we can find an existing generic one (even better).
>>

> I did a research on internet and found couple of open-source tools that
> imho do what we need(especially 2nd link)
>
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

Unfortunately this is pretty useless. It only adds overhead, instead of
reducing it.
It does not provide true replication nor does it do good job of a load
balancer (not
yet at least).
> http://thaiopensource.org/development/libpqxx/

We are using SPTK. Perhaps, if for some reason we are really dissatisfied
with PostgreSQL ODBC driver, HSquirrel might write a wrapper around
libpqxx for SPTK, but I doubt we'll need that.