Re: Version support for topic_list

Alexey Parshin wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I'm about to implement versioning support for topics. A topic (a
> record in
> topic_list table) has the private parts (topic_list_content records) and
> connections to outside world.
> When creating a new version of an existing topic, we should create a
> version
> of the topic_list_content records that belong to this topic. This is
> more or
> less clear.
> But, topic also may have:
>
> - explanations
> - problems
> - dialogs of text
> - topics

Just for sake of justice: explanations, problems, topics can be child
UMOs for a topic, while DOTs, courses (or what is 'study_course'?),
'through problems' can be only referred by a topic, right?

> (those have their own version support)
>
> - study_course
>
> (that doesn't have version support)
>
> The question is - do we create versions of these objects, too? Or we just
> create new connections from new version to the previously connected
> objects?

Regardless my above comment, I believe it is the latter: new connections
from new version of the UMO to existing objects (they can be countless
and we never stop if start create new versions of all connected UMOs)

--

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008