Version support for topic_list

Gentlemen,

I'm about to implement versioning support for topics. A topic (a record in topic_list table) has the private parts (topic_list_content records) and connections to outside world.
When creating a new version of an existing topic, we should create a version of the topic_list_content records that belong to this topic. This is more or less clear.
But, topic also may have:

- explanations
- problems
- dialogs of text
- topics

(those have their own version support)

- study_course

(that doesn't have version support)

The question is - do we create versions of these objects, too? Or we just create new connections from new version to the previously connected objects?