Re: Versioning

Another question, just to clarify. Looks like this statement is no longer
valid:

>> New versions aren't created even if object links
>> are changed, until object is published.

Is it true?

If we look at "minor edit" and "UMO linking" as at 2 completely
independent events that may happen during editing process, I'm totaly OK
with that.
However those events may happen in any order, linking may be done after
publishing. It means that 2 versions of U will be created - U-4 after
publishing based on U-3 and U-5 after linking based on U-4.
This will certainly keep things easier for us, but, on the other hand,
from UU point of view it's better to force Author to complete all his
changes in only one version - UU-4. And I don't see any user-friendly way
to force Authors to do that except some ugly alert on "Publish" event:"Did
you finish your linking for this object?".
By the way, what if Author wants to link to U-3 not just C, but several
others? Create multiple versions for each assignment? Maybe multiple
assignments that I suggested will help here?
Anyways, maybe creating new version after each change is not such a good
idea?

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008