I'm opening a new thread for discussing Teachers functionality in the UU. We have some Teacher related stuff in the specs: http://www.total-knowledge.com/wiki/index.php/UU#Teacher but I think it's time to extend it. Here is the list of Teacher's activities that may be available in the UU: 1. Pass the comments to Student after he solves a problems and passes the solution to Teacher.
We need to juxtapose this feature with Communication Tools in the specs
Ability to see list of all outstanding problems for all Students
We don't have any administrative functionality in specs for now. There is a question whether it makes sense to do it occasionally or better leave an administrative tools (for teachers, schools, probably other entities) block for future uu versions? Or we can set up some generic interface for administrative features and leave it to implement for community?
2. Add/Remove Students from his Course
See above + seems unacceptable as such.
3. Assign Course or any other UMO within a Course to a Student.
What that means? Recommendation or administration? If latter - see above.
4. Set grades(ratings) to a Student.
Same story. We don't have grades in specs.
5. Assign Students to certain difficulty levels within a Course.(Student will be able to see only UMOs of certain difficulty level)
All the same. It is all for student's discretion as of today. We can probably think about some specific channels where students can find recommendations not from teacher only. I am not sure there is need for this. We can discuss it though.
6. Ability to change any UMO difficulty level within a Course(No new version should be created)
7. Sets the price for a Course
It is necessary feature. I believe we have it in specs.
8. Chooses his prefered language(s) for the Course from the list of available languages for this Course. 9. Ability to hide(not update) from Student certain UMOs in the Course that he teaches.
Don't need it. Actually, there is one more issue here postponed for future versions: work flow. It relates to administration, but not entirely.
Please add your own view on Teacher's functionality and give me your feedback on mine.
-- Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder total-knowledge.com culturedialogue.org
Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008