Re: Difficulty levels

In my view community set DL is much more important that an author's personal opinion. Firstly, it is one of feedbacks, which make community to be real community. Secondly, it is just functional for all top level UMOs: Courses, Dialogs of Texts and Through Problems, because people need to compare them and opinion of others is essential here. Remember, UU is kind of market place, where people shop around for suitable learning materials and processes , they do need advice of peers and professionals. Some community set marks (not only DL, but some others too, like effectiveness, boredom, correspondence to specific educational system, uniqueness, you name it) will make it much easier. To sum up: community set DL is absolutely necessary.

Alexey Parshin wrote:
Honestly, the community-set level of difficulty is useless. The level of
difficulty is a part of information. It should be defined by the author and
nobody else. The community opinion about the difficulty may be used as
purely statistical, untrusted information.