Re: Signing up for course

2009/5/21 Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com>

> OK. Here is the course sign-up work flow as I see it.
> Comments are welcome.
>
> 1. Student is presented with UMO View" page
> 2. If he is not signed up already, and is not in one of the
> manager/editor groups,
>     sign up button is displayed
> 3. Sign up button presents student with list of public classes (do we have
>    concept of private classes?) connected to the course.
> 4. Student finds a suitable class, and signs up to it.
>
> Questions:
> - Should we skip class list page, if there is only a default class?

We don't have a limitation on number of classes. Student should select from
the list of the classes with STUDY only permission.

> - How should we display the default class in the listing, to make
>  it clear to the potential student what it is

I don't think the default class is special. The way I see it, it just
guarantees that we have at least one class for students to sign up.

> - Do we need "unlistable" classes (presuming teacher of such class
>  will give some sort of reference to it to his target students in other
>  ways)

Dunno. We can add any attributes to the class (not implemented yet).

> - What info will be useful to the student on the class listing page?

I'm not the right person to ask that question.