Let's make it even more complex then that for umo_find.
umo_find should return all published versions for all objects,
plus all unpublished versions for objects, to which current
user has modification access (EDITOR, ADMIN...)
Also, it should return base object ID, and be sorted by it.
This way I'll be able to group it in UI in clear manner.
Alexey Parshin wrote:
> There is one interesting problem here. I've fixed a bunch of
> umo_list_*() functions to work correctly. They now return ether latest
> available versions or latest published versions.
> Also, I fixed umo_statistics() to return correct object counters.
> However, home page is based on umo_find() that searches (and returns
> matches) in all the available versions. I feel that we need this
> functionality, but for the home page we need to be able to define (in
> addition) some extra flags:
> * latest version
> * published only
> If both of these flags are off, then we have current behaviour of
> umo_find. Latest version requests to return latest available versions
> (published or not) (one per UMO). Published_only if not accompanied
> with latest_version, returns all the published versions. And, finally,
> published and latest returns latest published versions (one per UMO).
> Adding these flags isn't too difficult, but it adds two extra
> parameters into umo_find so it affects some code around. I'd gladly
> fix code in the database (including adding fields to homepage_element
> table), but you also have to support it in the interface..
> Alternatively, we can simply make umo_find to search and return latest
> published versions only. This doesn't require any changes outside
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008