Re: Unpublished UMOs

Actually... Going back to previous discussions on this subject...
I think there was an idea to always show objects in listings,
but for objects which user has no view access to, we would link
to information about getting access (sign-up forms, edit request forms,
etc..).

    Ilya.

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> Alexey Parshin wrote:
>
>> Well, it's slightly more complicated than just a flag :)
>>
>> The listings we use are always checked for View access.
>>
> I don't think so. As far as I remember "everyone" gets view access
> only after object is published. However, objects show up in _listings_
> right after they were created.
> I guess if we actually implemented this policy for listings, my requirement
> would be satisfied.
>
>> I can add ether 'can_edit' bool parameter, or 'required_access'
>> varchar or int parameter to the umo listings.
>>
> What do you mean? Who and how is going to use these paramrters.
>
>>     > 2009/1/5 Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com
>>     <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>
>>     >
>>     >     I think we need to change UMO listings
>>     >     to _not_ show UMOs with no published version
>>     >     to those who don't have modification access.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008