Re: UU: Model-View-Controller

I remember we discussed the issue on IRC, and I
gave you go ahead, even though I didn't like the idea.
Now, as I see what we ended up with, I see I was right.

I'll do the re-work of libui layer and themes, and
we'll see how it works out.

Just don't take it personally :)

   Ilya.

Alexey Parshin wrote:
First, it isn't possible to satisfy this requirement for any <table> object w/o generating it in servlet - you must have a C++ loop of some kind.

Second, the current approach to themes that uses plain HTML and very little else (even JS) is more or less compatible with that requirement. However, nobody designs site like this anymore (IMHO). Any page that uses more or less high-level object provides objects (Flex objects, for instance) with URLs for data access. And in that case, current implementation is doing exactly what it should - data modifications in servlet, and data display in CSP.

And, finally, third. We discussed this some time ago. IIRC, it was more or less - do it your way, and that I did. And as far as I can see - it does the job correctly, it's fast and stable.

I understand that you don't like the current implementation. Fine, but I spent too much time on this code and can't just throw it away for some idea I really don't like. It's your project after all. So, I suggest - you redesign it yourself any way you like, and I would gladly help with any DB issues that may popup. That is if you still want my help. At this point, I'm taking a timeout till you need me.

Regards,
Alex

2008/12/19 Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com <mailto:ilya@total-knowledge.com>>

    The original theming requirement:
    Themes should be designable _without_ the need for
    C++ knowledge.
    The way CSPs look now, there is pretty much nothing but C++.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008