Re: Courses and classes, take two

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> There is not class-tied-to-a-course limitation.
> It is possible to sign-up existing group (i.e. give it "Study"
> permissions) to a different courses.
> At least if we do not special-case it.
>
> Now, after thinking for a while, I'm leaning toward using special flag
> to mark group (i.e. class)
> admins, rather then separate group. There are also "course" admins -
> these _are_ separate
> group, which has rights to actual Course UMO (modify rights to TLT and
> can also define
> rules for course sign-up).
>
> Teachers are fun one. I don't know if we should bind them to a course of
> to a class.
> Perhaps what should be done, is,
> 1. Actual teachers of a class are members of class group with yet
> another flag
> set
> 2. In order to become teacher of a class, one needs to be a member of
> "Course teachers" group (rules for membership of that group are defined
> by course admins)

What for course admins are needed now, after concept of class comes in?
Looks like  it is quite enough that Course is created by its authors.

What makes sense here in your opinion:

1. One course can be studied by different classes
2. One class can study different courses
3. One teacher can teach different classes
4. One teacher can teach different courses?

--

Anatoly Volynets, Co-Founder
total-knowledge.com

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008