Re: Implementing "Create Topic" [was: Identical UMO titles in UU]

sergey@total-knowledge.com wrote:
Ok then, each UMO will have "Create New Version" link. This makes things
much easier, b/c now we don't have to worry about locking an UMO while
author is making his changes.
How is second part of last statement follows from the first part?
Questions:
1. What if all author does is clicking on "Create New Version" link?
topic_create_version() will be called and we'll have a bunch of new
records in DB.
What is the question here?
2. What if author makes changes ,but drops his UMO without publishing it?
It's never going to be used by any author or visible in UI. Are we going
to delete all data related to this UMO from DB?
We may allow some sort of "delete unpublished version" functionality, but
it's still rather hard one to implement.