CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

CPPSERV 0.2.0 released

CPPSERV is an application server, which provides
Servlet-like API to C++ programmers. CPPSERV also
provides CSP (C++ Server Pages) parser, which uses
syntax very similar to JSP.
Recently I announced release 118 of CPPSERV, which I
planned to be release candidate for 0.5 series. 0.5 series
APIs will be set in stone, and only internal implementation
and test suit will be improved, until I'm happy enough
with it to make it 1.0. However, there is one important
aspect of APIs, which hasn't been tackled up until now: taglibs.
In Java world Taglibs allow writing custom actions for JSPs
(more info at http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tutorial/TagLibrariesTOC.html). CPPSERV had some rudimentary support for a similar
concept, but when I tried to apply it to real-world problem,
it turned out rather limited. As of now, the core of taglib
support is targeted at pre-compile time taglibs (unlike java
taglibs, which work at run-time). Release 0.2.0 changed CSP taglib API to be little more flexible. It is still primarily
meant for pre-compile time taglibs (and that is what I tested
it with), but now it's possible to extend it to allow more
JSP-like taglibs, which will work at run-time. No attempt
to make runtime taglibs work has been made yet, as I haven't
found a proper real-world scenario to test it on, but it'll be
done before 0.5 release.
To sum it up: 0.2 releases will see stability in core servlet APIs,
cleanups in servlet API implementation, and lot of flux in taglib
APIs. We shall also provide a core taglib library with lot of
standard tags (think iterators, think macro definitions...) to
make CSP developer lives easy. Enjoy.

Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008