CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: Log class problems

Alexey Parshin wrote:

>Setting the facility currently is implemented in constructor (it isn't
>in CVS yet). I don't really see the need to change it on the fly.

Right. My point is - whatever is done with logging internally,
external API must stay the same.

That is (one of the reasons) why there is clear separation between
formatting classes and output classes. Only valid reason for extending
stream classes is when there are manipulators that cannot be written
on base class.

Why is it so hard for you to do The Right Thing (TM)?