CPPSERV

Home Projects Jobs Clientele Contact

cppserv

Re: Food for thought on subject of templates

Hmm.. Well, in the case where we are talking about
app server where the only way (at least the primary) to make output
is through templates, it is true - maximum flexibility is required.
However, in case of CPPSERV primary way to output something is
through C++ API, and any template engine will be built on top of that.

Now we are talking about a framework on top of that API. This framework
will include a template engine, but it is not all that clear that engine
itself
has to provide the flexibility.

If someone feels like building complete JSP equivalent on top of CPPSERV -
no problem, it should be fairly easy. However, what I'm trying to get at, is
framework that is usefull in programs with a lot of different objects
interacting
with each other. In this case, it seems appropriate to put certain
restrictions
on the way things are organized, if we want to hide the complexity of
routing
data and requests between these objects. Thus I'm not sure allowing to take
shortcuts would be good in such a situation.

OTOH, I'll have to look at JSF, and see what ideas it has to offer.
Thanks for
the pointer :-)