I started using stored procedures in my code and I have some problems with
First of all, I pulled the latest version of DB *.sql scripts from svn.
In trunk/db/procs/person_list.sql defined person_create procedure which
I'm trying to use for registration functionality.
So here is the list of problems, all imho:
1. Number of fields in person_create does not match number of fields in
person_list table(pl_login, pl_password, pl_preferred_language,
pl_country, pl_state are missing)
2. pl_city field should be varchar, not int.
3. No error handling: I was able to make an insert with empty pl_login field.
Also I see that person_create procedure returns lastval(). Is it possible
to return boolean value based on successful/unsuccessful work of stored
Authoright © Total Knowledge: 2001-2008